Online Speech Therapy with SLPTELE
How Does It Work?
What can clients and families expect?
- A call once we have received your authorization form from your doctor/medical group.
- We will share additional information about tele-speech with you and conduct a pre-screening over the phone.
- We will go over the session requirements. If you do not have a tablet device, SLPTELE offers a leasing option on tablets.
- We discuss preferred appointment times and language preferences (Spanish-speaking therapists are available).
- We will help you create your account in our online system.
- You will receive a link for a practice session to make sure you are comfortable with the services.
- The assigned therapist will deliver the required sessions on a weekly basis and request for more sessions if needed.
- You will receive reminders for your appointment times via text and phone calls.
Choosing a Therapist
Do I always have the same therapist? Yes! Once you are assigned to a therapist, you will be seen by the same one unless there is a scheduling conflict or you request a change.
Can I change my therapist? Yes, all of our therapists are experts in the field of speech-language pathology, but sometimes a therapist may not be the right fit for you. In these cases, you can request a change of therapist.
What kind of services are available via SLPTELE?
Initial Assessment & Plan of Care
Backpack & Practice Sessions
What are the advantages of tele-speech for children and their families?
- Better outcomes. Online therapy helps children better absorb the lessons and skills being taught to them.
- Improved compliance and participation. Better scheduling options means families can take advantage of these services.
- Kids love it. Children love tech and the online world. Online therapy is a more enjoyable experience where they can participate in fun, game-based activities.
- Parents are happier. Parents love to see the progress being made and all the fun their children are having.
- Better communication and reporting. The online system allows for quicker and easier communication between patients and therapists.
What programs can be covered via tele?
What technology do I need?
Is it HIPPAA compliant?
How long is my session?
What if 30 minutes is not enough? We are big proponents of therapy intensity. Based on severity and area of need, clients can be scheduled multiple times per week which assists them to make faster progress towards their goals.
Will my insurance cover tele-speech?
- Clients should first visit a doctor who can help to identify and diagnose the problem.
- Check with your insurance health plan to see if tele-speech services are covered. Some insurers may not be familiar with tele-practice and may ask for additional information.
- Documents will be provided to the client including consent forms and information regarding tele-practice services.
- If services are not covered by insurance, payments can be made in cash.
Is Tele-speech Right for Me?
- Does the child/client have any hearing, visual, or physical limitations that will interfere with their ability to use a computer?
- Does the child/client have difficulty following instructions?
- Does the child/client have the ability to sit in front of the computer for 30-60 min?
- Does the child/client have access to a computer, desktop, laptop, or iPad?
- Does the child/client have access to a high-speed internet connection?
- Does the child/client have access to a quiet, well-lit room without distractions?
How is SLPTELE different?
Complimentary Consultation Request
We offer complimentary consultations to discuss questions and concerns regarding your speech and language needs. We are available to share ideas and resources whether or not you become a client. We can also discuss cost and payment options. We only serve in US time zones right now.